Weekly yard waste collection begins May 24
Start your spring yard cleanup this May long weekend!
Seasonal yard waste collection begins May 24 and ends September 30. next to your collection bins the day of your usual collection.
Each household can place up to four bags (16 kg) of yard waste curbside each week for collection. If additional bags are placed on the sidewalk, collection teams will not have the capacity to pick them up and they will not be collected. Please do not place yard waste bags in front of your collection bins.
Yard waste acceptable
The following materials can go in your brown paper yard waste bags:
- Grass clippings
- Brush, hedge trimmer
- House and garden plants
- Small twigs less than 30 centimeters long
Materials not accepted as garden waste
The following materials cannot go in your brown paper yard waste bags:
- Kitchen food scraps
- animal waste
- broken plant pots
- Commercial yard waste
- Plastic and compostable bags
Reduce your garden waste
You can easily reduce the amount of yard waste you produce by:
- Using leaves as mulch around your plants and garden
- Mulching or shredding dry leaves to make more room in your bags
- Leaving your grass clippings on your lawn after mowing (they contain great nutrients for your lawn and can decompose quickly)
- Turn your garden waste into compost for use in your garden and lawns
Please do not place garden waste inside your collection bins or use plastic or compostable bags. These bags are not compatible with landfill shredders.
Free garden waste deposit available all year round
If you have more yard waste than can be accepted at the curb, you can drop it off at the municipal landfill’s public drop-off area for free. This deposit is available seven days a week from 8:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
For more information, visit rmwb.ca/yardwaste or contact Pulse at 780-743-7000 or toll-free at 1-800-973-9663.